Monday, December 24, 2012

WWE RAW 12/24/12

Singing?? Really?? I know wrestlers singing Christmas songs are still pro wrestling, just not the part of pro wrestling I particularly enjoy.

Santa is out and walking around the aisle handing out gifts. ADR comes out and mows Santa down with his car. Santa doing a stretcher job is the side of pro wrestling I like. "You killed Santa" chants were a nice touch. We now have a crime scene, while I contemplate whether the BMW ADR was driving was the cheapest ride he has had in the WWE.

I don't understand why the PTP's are concerned about Santa. This entire angle is to set up a "Miracle on 34th Street Fight" between ADR and John Cena. That was odd to say the least.

Cody Rhodes vs Kane
Cody's arm work in the middle portion of the match is all the offense he got, otherwise it was the power of Kane that dominated this match. Cody tried to use an exposed turnbuckle to no avail. Rhodes never had a shot in this one.

Santa Helpers Diva Match
I will be honest I care nothing for this match, I bet at least half won't be employed in May. On a positive note the gut buster Katlyn used to beat Eve was nice.

AJ cuddled up with Ziggler watching her revenge on Cena, I have no idea what they plan to do with her. They seem unsure where to go next so they just turned her heel.

They really phoned it in for the show. Santa is the top story of the show. Glad we get a Show/Shaemus match.

Big Show vs Shaemus - Lumberjack Frost Match
This feud is a Vince McMahon's wet dream. It is two big guys who deliver giant bombs and when they kick out it is believable because they are so big. Shaemus pulls off amazing feats of strength like the electric chair and white noise. We are treated with power move after power move after power move and it is fun to watch. Shaemus wins with the Brogue kick. This is an important win for the Celtic Warrior and hopefully will catapult him into a title victory sooner rather than later. Shaemus has proven he can have great matches with pretty much anyone and deserves to be back on top.

David Otunga is out to defend ADR, which is weird because ADR is supposed to be a face now. This brings out Zack Ryder.

David Otunga vs Zack Ryder
this is the problem with three hour RAWs. You get pointless time filler matches that won't matter next week. With the exception of Ryder's fan interaction stuff the crowd is silent for the match. It is great that Ryder gets a win and TV time just wish they would find more to do with him, and Otunga for that matter.

I like that Beef Wellington himself, Brad Maddox, gets another chance for a contract. I hope he gets one soon as he is has a great shady look about him that could help make him a great heel.

Antonio Caesaro & Wade Barrett vs The Miz & Kofi Kingston
These teams had a good little TV match, and Miz/Kofi is a good tag team. They really should team up more often, and maybe it is because they had the fierce rivalry earlier in the fall. Even though I considered this match to be good it also felt like they phoned it in a little. They are all very talented and had a lot more in them. The trouble in paradise into the skull crushing finale might be one of the better tag team finishers around today. There is no way anyone could kick out from that.

Brad Maddox vs The Great Khali
I know why Brad looks so sleazy, it is his resemblance to Eric Bischoff. I take it back I may not want Maddox to win a contract because he is so entertaining in these squash matches. Khali slapped Maddox around the ring until Brad's chest was beet red. Just a lot of fun, and of course Khali easily won this and followed it up with horrible Christmas singing. Khalil's appeal has skyrocketed in my eyes after he broke away from the Indian stereotypes, same with the Indian in 3MB whose name escapes me,

I love seeing CM Punk running down a crowd. He even ran down the Chicago Cubs which I thought he was a fan of. It's Punk and Ryback TLC in two weeks!

Daniel Bryan vs Damien Sandow
I love all things Daniel Bryan from the first time I discovered him in 2004. I am happy to see him finally get over with then entire WWE fanbase. Bryan pretty much dominates this match and wins with the No Lock. A lot of short virtual one sided matches tonight.

12 man tag match
Not worth listing the members since it will be over by the time I finish. It was shorter than it really should have been but it was actually a lot of fun. The heels didn't get much offense and were punching bags for the high powered face team. The Usos got the pin on Heath Slater after most of the team hit him with their finisher. These guys have talent but sadly the WWE has so many wrestlers on contract they are trying to stuff in this show that you get short matches that once again have no baring on anything happening within the WWE in January.

Team Hell No continues to be awesome. From the Slammy to the gift of a dog to the line from Finding Nemo, whoever writes this stuff is a genius. A year ago if you told me these two would make the most entertaining team in the WWE I would have said Hell No.

Dolph and AJ are starting to get on my nerves, enough with the horrible skits and innuendos.

John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio - Miracle on 34th Street Fight
As much as I hate to admit it, I liked this match. This is a guilty pleasure and is the type of match John Cena loves. He likes hardcore matches where he can hit opponents with silly objects. Cena pulls out a chair, then Alberto pulls out a pie than backfires on Ricardo. Cena using the Christmas Tree because the fans chanted for it was a nice touch. The bowling ball to the balls sucked for ADR though. I almost lost it on the match when Santa came out, but when it turns out it is Mick Foley I am cool with it. If that isn't pro wrestling nothing is.

No comments:

Post a Comment